GREAT HOW-TO TIPS ON USING WORDPRESS
Stuck writing a post or editing a page on your WordPress site? Help is on the way! WordPress.com has a ton of “how-to” content to help you accomplish what you need. Here are a few resources to get you started:
- How to write a post: A video tutorial on the basics of writing a post.
- How to schedule a post: A video tutorial showing how to write a post, then select to have it published at a later date.
- How to moderate comments: A video providing an overview to WordPress’s comments feature
- How to get more traffic to your blog: An overview of blogging best practices for increasing readership
- Tags vs. Categories: A great guide to understanding what each are and when/how to use them
- How to make a post private or password-protected: A video that shows how you can share your blog post with only users you specify.
- How to add new media to your media library: Explains how to upload images, documents, audio files or video to your media library.
- A guide to the icons in your visual editor: The visual editor is the box where you type in your post’s text. Here’s a reminder of what all of the icons mean.
- Advanced: how to insert a gallery of images: Have a lot of related images you’d like to show? Here’s a way to insert a gallery into your blog post!