5 THINGS TO INCLUDE ON YOUR FACEBOOK WELCOME PAGE:
Increasingly, Facebook pages are becoming the initial entry point for potential clients with companies. With this in mind, it’s key to present a consistent, branded look from the get-go. But before you spend all kinds of money and time recreating your website in the narrow allotted space, consider the primary objective of visitors to your Facebook page: to interact with your company on Facebook.That said, here are 5 tips for what to include on your Facebook welcome page:
- Reasons to “like” your page. Your goal should be to convert casual visitors to regular users by getting them to likeyour page. With that in mind, you’ll need to provide some incentive. What will they get out of “liking” you? Examples might be:
- • Exclusive offers to Facebook fans
- • Being the first to find out about new products or services
- • Tips and tricks for questions they may have
- • A chance to interact directly with a prominent personality or provide input for products/content your company provides (where applicable)
- • An opportunity to enter a contest or sweepstakes
Something to remember about the Facebook Welcome page: once a visitor “Likes” your company on Facebook, they will be directed right to your wall the next time they visit. The implication here? Chances are they’ll never see your page again (when’s the last time you clicked on the “welcome” link on the left side of the page once you’ve “Liked” a business?). They will, however see your Facebook badge (the image to the left of your wall) every time they visit; this would be a great place to include your logo, tagline, web address and phone number as well.
Ultimately, the Facebook Welcome page is just that: an initial welcome. And that’s OK! Use your Facebook wall to post links to your website, e-newsletter signup form, blog posts and more.