Sure, there are plenty of challenges associated with owning a business,
but for me there’s simply no other way to work. Here’s what I love about owning my graphic design firm, Mix Creative:
- I meet fascinating, accomplished, and enthusiastic business owners all the time. They’re a source of inspiration for my own business.
- I get to help the above businesses reach their audiences and achieve their marketing objectives. Really—it’s fabulous to know that the work I do is a part of their success.
- I set my own hours, which gives me flexibility to be there for my family as needed, and to pursue creative inspiration.
- I get to see the outcomes of my own work on a daily basis.
- For the most part, I don’t have to attend a lot of meetings.
- I’m the boss. I answer to my clients, not a middle manager.
- Communication between my clients, vendors and I typically doesn’t involve the use of “business-isms.”
- I get to benefit from the work of talented, creative collaborators.
- In promoting my business, I’m constantly meeting and befriending many more successful, creative business owners.
- I can work from a laptop just about anywhere.
What do you love about owning a business? I’d love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to leave a comment below.